Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Thoughts for the New Year

I always have good intentions when I start a blog, and then life gets in the way.  I get lazy, overwhelmed with life, or simply am spending time with my little family.  It's easy to have lots of ideas in my head, but it's hard to get them out onto paper, er screen. 


We are 5 days into the new year.  I haven't made any resolutions out loud, cause I don't keep them.  They are the same each year: lose weight, be organized, keep the house clean.  You know the ones.  And every year, they are just a memory.  A good thought that didn't happen.  I say this as I type away in my cluttered office, listening to the rain and the washing machine, wondering what I am going have for lunch.  Ironic, right? 


I started thinking right after Christmas about what I can do this year.  I am trying to eat healthier.  I have been for awhile now, but then I slack off and eat junk.  Damn you, peanut butter!  I need to exercise, but I am lazy.  I'd rather sit on the couch, play on the ipad or read a book.  I know I can read and ride to nowhere, but it's nicer on the couch.  I could be cleaning something, but that's no fun.  I did get the living room organized.  And then I filled it with laundry.  You see, no one does laundry in this house except me.  No one will put their clothes away.  Granted there are only 3 of us, but my daughter will throw all her clean clothes on the floor, let the dogs lay on them and then puts all the now dirty clothes back into the laundry room.  I have 4 loads of her clothes sitting on the couch for me to put away.  Yeah, that's what I want to do.  Hubby doesn't put away clothes, either.  He stacks them on the dresser, until they start blocking the TV.  Then he gets all frustrated and will put them away.  Or at least just until there is room again under the TV. 


I got off track!  Anyway, my goals this year are to be healthier, cleaner, more organized and happier.  The first 3 are the same for many people, the last one will make people look at you funny.  I am not an unhappy person, but I am not a positive person.  At all.  I am told I am the poster child for negativity.  I can see the negative in anything.  I don't even have to try that hard.  But I am not a positive person.  I want to be, but for me, it's hard.  Someone once asked me if I enjoyed being negative.  It bothered me.  I guess that's good, right?  I mean, if it didn't bother me, then it would mean that I am OK with it.  But it bothered me, and I am not sure how to change it.  I see all these people with their new "vision boards" and I laugh.  I can print out cutesy little quotes and stick them on a board, but will that make me think positively?  I don't think so!  For me, it's all mental.  I need to think of things in a more positive light.  I need to work hard to find the good in all things, rather than just the good in the good things.  I hope that makes sense. 


Today is day 1 of like 5 days of rain.  I am so happy it's raining.  We need it so badly.  The news is only talking about the mess from the rain.  I say bring it on!  I can clean my floors next month! (3 dogs + wood floors + rain = giant, muddy mess!).  So my house will be stinky (see wet dogs) and dirty.  At least my plants are finally getting water.  The traffic will be bad, but I am still on vacay this week.  I get to pick my daughter up from school this week and then bring her home and actually pretend to be a full time mom.  We can sit and do homework together.  She can cuddle on the couch and watch cartoons this afternoon.  She doesn't get to do that.  She's either with hubby or with grandpa after school.  We get to enjoy being together this week before work starts again next week.


With this new year, I hope to make some changes with me.  It's gotta start with me cause no one else will do them for me.  If they won't do my laundry, I'm sure they won't help me change. 


#happynewyear 

No comments:

Post a Comment